Monday, March 7, 2011

I am Ahab

"Don't fuck with me now, man, I am Ahab."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I have two things today:
  1. A stomach bug (not premium news)
  2. An Indian visa (premium news)
Getting the visa is awesome, but I swear these damn things are cursed. First Google failed me, then the flat tire and now I have a stomach bug. But you know what? I have the damned visas* in my hand. I am Ahab, all harpooning the visas and reeling them in to the Pequod.

*They even decided to give Rob the Racist a visa. God help them.

One more step complete.

Progress is now as follows:
(1) Book accommodation for our first night or two in Delhi
(2) Get our visas
(3) Work out where to rent reliable motorcycles from in the Shimla area
(4) Buy the necessary gear.
(5) Oh, and actually work out what the necessary gear is.
(6) I should probably learn to ride a motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment